Welcome to the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Below you will find a link to access an overview of the topics that will be taught over the course of the academic year.
Each half term a homework grid will be sent home to complete as a family. Please make sure that completed homework grids are returned by the end of each half term. If you have any questions regarding homework, then please do not hesitate to speak to the class teacher or a member of the team.
- Newsletter-FS-Summer-1-2018.pdf pdf220.7 KbFeb 15th, 2019
- Newsletter-FS-Spring-1-2019.pdf pdf220.7 KbFeb 15th, 2019
- Newsletter-FS-Spring-1-2018.pdf pdf381.7 KbFeb 15th, 2019
- Newsletter-FS-Autumn-2-2018.pdf pdf210.3 KbFeb 15th, 2019
- Newsletter-FS-Autumn-2-2017.pdf pdf304.0 KbFeb 15th, 2019
- Newsletter-FS-Autumn-1-2018.pdf pdf202.0 KbFeb 15th, 2019
- Newsletter-FS-Autumn-1-2017.pdf pdf293.1 KbFeb 15th, 2019
What is Tapestry?
Tapestry is a secure online Learning Journal to record photos, observations and comments, in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, to build up a record of your child’s experiences during their time in Nursery and Reception. This system allows us to work with parents and carers to share information and record the children’s play and learning in and outside of the classroom.
How does Tapestry work?
Tapestry provides each individual child with their own Learning Journal held online. Parents and carers are given their own log-in using their email and password (which is pre-set by us but can be changed by you to make it more secure). All our staff are given a secure log-in. They can then upload observations, photos or videos; recording children’s achievements and assessing their learning in reference to the EYFS curriculum.
Parents can change their settings so that an email is then automatically generated informing them when an observation has been added so they can have a look and add any comments of their own.
If you have not already signed up to Tapestry and would like to do so, please speak to a member of the foundation stage team for a form. Further information on Tapestry, set up guides and how we use it in school can be found below or by accessing the website https://eylj.org/. If you have any difficulty accessing or adding comments/photos to Tapestry, please let us know and we will support you as best as we can.
Foundation Stage Team
Tapestry Useful information
- Tapestry Information for Parents.pdf pdf720.8 KbJun 28th, 2019
- Tapestry Info and Form.pdf pdf181.6 KbJun 28th, 2019
- Tapestry For Parents on the Web.pdf pdf1004.1 KbJun 28th, 2019
- Tapestry For Parents iOS Tutorial.pdf pdf212.0 KbJun 28th, 2019
- Tapestry For Parents Android.pdf pdf293.3 KbJun 28th, 2019